See what's planned for 2015...
New Courses for your Existing Package
We are able to once again increase the value of our course packages at no further cost to you! The first courses to be added will cover the topics of Influenza and Customer Service. We will also be adding a number of modules to existing courses. You will be notified as they are added and will have the ability to roll them out whenever and however you wish! Stay tuned!
Keeping employees trained appropriately and their skills and competencies up to date are constant challenges for hospitals and healthcare providers. Add the expenses associated with developing curriculum and the difficulty of scheduling and it's easy to understand why healthcare providers are looking for alternatives to traditional training.
Many of you know that the North Carolina Hospital Association offers an online training solution called careLearning. Please view this 3 minute video that explains what the product has to offer: http://info.carelearning.com/carelearning.asp
If you have questions, please contact James Hayes at 919-677-4246 or firstname.lastname@example.org
careLearning offers an education management solution
A nonprofit organization operated by more than 40 state hospital associations and the American Hospital Association, careLearning is an Internet-based education management solution. Its sole purpose is to develop and deliver a range of just-in-time training and education for healthcare providers with the ability to manage and track employee, physician and non-employee records.
Early last year careLearning released their Rights and Responsibilities series with topics such as HIPAA, Sexual Harassment (Employee and Supervisor), EMTALA, Workplace Diversity, FACTA Red Flags, and Patients’ Rights. This year they have just added Pain Management, and Workplace Violence is already in production. It is the plan to continue to add value to this series moving forward without increasing its cost. They look and feel like the Health and Safety courses, and just like with Health and Safety you can add organization specific information so they are more relevant to your staff.
Nursing Continuing Education--Course Packages
careLearning has partnered with 360training.com to provide a comprehensive suite of online courses to successfully assist healthcare professionals in executing continuing education requirements.
The following Program Packages are available to help healthcare organizations and professionals with continued education, development and training needs:
|Program Name||Price Per Person||CE Contact Hours|
|Cardiac Care Program||$24.99||99.0|
|Clinical Bits 'n' Bites Program||$9.99||39.6|
|Critical Care Program||$19.99||79.1|
|Emergency Room Program||$22.99||92.4|
|Long Term Care Program||$9.99||38.0|
|Long Term Care & Sub Acute Program||$16.99||69.4|
|Medical Surgical Program||$16.99||69.4|
|Nursing Continuing Education Catalog||$44.00||292.3|
The cost listed above provides access to all courses within the Program for one full year from registration. Contact careLearning technical support (866.617.3904 or email@example.com) or your state hospital association regarding the availability of discounted pricing. A listing of the courses included in each Program is attached. These courses can also be purchased individually.
The Best eLearning for Healthcare
careLearning believes that web-based learning is a vital, complementary delivery mechanism to ensure employee competencies are improved and maintained. More specifically, as the healthcare environment undergoes rapid, continual and fundamental change, healthcare employees and employers will need:
- rapid access to regulatory-mandated education,
- convenient access to group/individual reports on course completion and performance,
- rapid access to continuing education within their field, and
- convenient and value-added access to these types of educational programming.
Explore various types of learning:
- Mandatory Education - including a set of 15 Health & Safety Compliance courses with complete recordkeeping and reporting functions. These courses are cost- effective and use interactive, multimedia training to help comply with Joint Commission and OSHA requirements.
- Continuing Education - credit toward licensure or various types of certification.
- Hospital Specific Private Courses - the ability to include courses that are written and produced by your organization for sole use of your organization on the careLearning Learner Management System.
- Webinars - Instructor led training via teleconferencing technologies.
- Competencies - Identify, assess and analyze the skills, knowledge and abilities required to perform in your organization and use this data to make informed decisions about your workforce.
- Nursing Education - self-paced, interactive, and cost-effective courses with credit, available anytime, on any computer with Internet access capability.
For more information on how careLearning.com can specifically help your hospital, contact NCHA Director of Education Services Leslie Scott or call 919/677-4247.