Welcome to RRI
The Readmissions Readiness Initiative (RRI) provides insight into the sources of hospital readmissions in an effort to improve quality of care and reduce costs associated with preventable readmissions. RRI data is powered by the NCHA PDS+ in collaboration with the North Carolina Quality Center and the Center for Affordable Healthcare. The data from which RRI reports are generated includes all payers and all causes of readmissions based on the quarterly submissions by hospitals to the Patient Data System (PDS) and a unique patient identifier linking patients across all North Carolina hospitals. RRI offers two reports to all hospitals:
- Readmissions for Any Reason
- Readmissions for Same Clinical Classification
Both reports contain three important data points to help hospitals better measure and interpret readmissions:
- Readmission Rate - NC and hospital-specific readmission rate based on qualified discharges and total readmissions.
- Top 10 CCS For 1 - 30 Day Readmissions - Top 10 most frequent discharges grouped by Clinical Classifications Software (CCS) category from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality's (AHRQ).
- Readmit Patient Migration - 1-30 day readmissions and the blinded hospital name to which patients are readmitted. Hospital names are viewable for Enhanced Report subscribers.
Hospitals that subscribe to the Enhanced Reports will see the names of the outbound hospitals to which patients are readmitted as well as have access to additional reports. For more information, please visit the Subscribe to Enhanced Reports page.
How to Access Your Report
To view your free reports, please visit the View Reports page. For access to the Enhanced Reports, please visit Subscribe to Enhanced Reports. Once you have subsribed, the Enhanced Reports will be listed in the the View Reports page along with the Basic Reports. Please contact our Readmissions Help Desk at 919-677-4142 or email@example.com if you require assistance with your readmissions reports.