Small Hospital Improvement Program
June 29, 2016
NCHA hosted a Webinar for the small, rural hospitals that are eligible for the Small Hospital Improvement Program (SHIP) to announce the guidelines and priorities for this year’s grant offered by the Federal Office of Rural Health Policy (ORHP). Hospitals can choose from the proposed projects, or select a project that meets the SHIP guidelines. Hospitals that are part of a health system are encouraged to collaborate on a joint project to increase the impact of the SHIP funding.
Note: Hospitals interested in participating in SHIP for the grant period of June 1, 2016-May 31, 2017 must designate their SHIP project no later than August 1, 2016
Debbie Hunter, Performance Improvement Specialist, NCQC
Jeff Spade, Senior Vice President, NCHA
To discuss the funding opportunity available through the Small Hospital Improvement Program.
To help hospitals understand the specific services and programs that qualify for reimbursement under SHIP for this grant year.
To explain the SHIP funding process for 2016/2017, including eligible expenses, documentation and outcome reporting.
Questions: Debbie Hunter, (919) 677-4103 or email@example.com
Rural Hospital Health Insurance Enrollment Outreach
January 22, 2015
NCHA hosted a Webinar for rural hospitals to learn about outreach tactics to assist in enrolling people for health insurance during the Marketplace enrollment period. Rural hospitals play a key role and can derive a significant benefit in helping uninsured patients get health insurance. There are many outreach activities that your hospital can do to help people sign up for health insurance.
- Walter Gregg MA, MPH, Senior Research Fellow, University of Minnesota Rural Health Research Center, School of Public Health, Division of Health Policy and Management
- Sorien K. Schmidt, NC Director – Enroll America
- Cindy Worthy, Director Community Outreach, Nash Health Care
- Cindy Clark, , President, ibiliti, the innovation division of NCHA Strategic Partners
- Discuss the tools and resources available to help rural hospitals with outreach activities.
- Understand best practices for rural hospital enrollment outreach.
- Share ideas for enrollment outreach.