Grassroots Best Practices
We find that the best way to learn about what's working in advocacy is to hear from your peers! As we learn about the great work happening in the field to build grassroots advocacy networks and hospital champions, we will share those ideas here and provide the tools for our members to recreate these efforts at your hospital.
Community Leaders Luncheon (CLL)
- Health System: Cape Fear Valley Medical Center
- Video Testimonial from Mike Nagowski, President & CEO, Cape Fear Valley Medical Center
- How to 1-pager: Community Leader Luncheon
- Brief description: CLL is an invitation-only event for community leaders, activists, and key influencers to have a candid conversation with their local hospital President to ask their most pressing questions about their local healthcare system. The event is organized by the hospital's Foundation, but serves as a pipeline for various hospital initiatives, including identifying potential hospital advocates and champions.
Trustee Immersion Program coming soon...
- Health System: Scotland Health Care System
- Video Testimonial from Greg Wood, President & CEO, Scotland Health Care System and Jane Rogers, Board Chair
- How to 1-pager: Trustee Immersion Program
- Brief description: The Trustee Immersion Program is an opportunity for hospital board members to spend a day in scrubs and be deeply embedded into the hospital operations. Beyond a hospital tour, the immersion experience allows these hospital leaders to see the realities of healthcare in their region and to speak candidly with those who provide that care. The result is powerful new insights into management’s challenges, the Board’s mission, and the community’s needs.
- Tools: Trustee Immersion Proposal (as an example)
- Artcle: Immersion Day for Hospital Trustees
Do you have a grassroots best practice to share with your peers across the state? Let us know! Email Emily Roland, NCHA Member Advocacy Coordinator, at email@example.com.